Updated 1/4/2020 7:58 AM AEDST
The following is for your safety and ours. Please read it fully so you understand what to expect from us.
As with all businesses, we have taken additional precautions to limit our exposure and ensure the health of our staff and customers. Below is an evolving list of actions, most of them around avoiding personal contact. These are spelled out here primarily so that our customers can understand what to expect from our service delivery in coming days, weeks and possibly months. We will continue to update as the situation changes. To receive notifications and as changes happen, please follow our facebook pages. (see below)
We have some staff working from home, which is putting some strain on our business systems, but we are getting everyone’s queries and orders handled very promptly. As more and more people self-isolate, more and more people are cooking at home, so we have seen a temporary spike in demand. Our stocks are holding reasonably well though, and supply of parts is relatively uninterrupted at this stage. State border closures have not affected deliveries at this stage.
- Please have your parts home-delivered where possible. Home Delivery is now our only option in Granville and Gold Coast.
- Strict customer limits are in place at our stores. Individual store details are below.
- All staff and customers are strictly forbidden from coming here if you are unwell, coughing, or have had a fever in the past 72 hours.
- Personal Space. We ask customers not to come within 2m of staff, or other customers. If there’s a crowd wait outside. There is a 1M exclusion zone at our counters, and we respectfully ask that all customers stand back. There is strictly no admittance to warehouse or office areas at this time.
- If you have photos on your phone, we will ask you to email them to us rather than hand your phone over.
- If you’ve brought your old part with you, please take it back home with you. do not hand it to staff members to discard.
- Couriers Please drop and collect parcels in designated spaces. Our staff will not be signing for courier deliveries. please sign on their behalf.
- Our toilets are not available for customer or courier use at this time.
- We are not offering a “counter service” for parts enquiries. Our counters are strictly for collection of pre-paid phone or email orders. you need to call ahead and order parts.
- Cash is, and always has been one of the biggest spreaders of disease. We are cashless at this time.
- Our eftpos terminals are out of service. We will take payment from you over the phone by credit card. If you don’t have a credit card we’ll give you our bank details.
- Our doors are being jammed open so that nobody has to touch the door handles. Please avoid touching anything inside the shops.
Our Granville store – We already have 3 staff working from home. More may follow shortly. Stay at least 1 metre back from the counter, and a minimum of 2 metres away from other customers and staff. Do not touch anything please. Strict Customer Limit of 2. Customer number 3 wait outside please.
Our Burleigh heads store – Most of our Gold Coast team are now working from home. Shayne and Peter are the only ones one site.Strict Customer Limit of 2. Customer number 3 wait outside please.
This will also have a slight affect on our warehouse. Orders to be delivered will be packed and ready for dispatch in the evenings after other staff have gone home. This means that if you order a part which is in stock, or if one arrives for you from a supplier, it will not leave on the courier until the next day. Most of our couriers are only offering morning pickups at the moment anyway, so this may not cause too much disruption. but please be aware that your deliveries may take up to 1 extra day.
Our Mackay Store – Donna is working from home taking calls and emails. Brent will open the store. Please be patient at lunchtime as the store will close for lunch for 45 min. The store may also have other short closures if Brent needs to duck away for something. Mackay is a small store. If you come there and there is a customer waiting, please wait outside. Strict Customer Limit of 1. Customer number 2 wait outside please.
Our Pymble Store – Starting 26/3, Alex is working from home taking calls and emails. Jane will open the store. Please be patient at lunchtime as the store will close for lunch for 45 min. The store may also have other short closures if Jane needs to duck away for something. Strict Customer Limit of 1. Customer number 2 wait outside please.
Our Dubbo Store – Strict Customer Limit of 1. Customer number 2 wait outside please.
Facebook pages to follow:
Thank you to our customers for being patient, co-operative and kind. Our staff are wonderful and we are very grateful to (still) have them. We need to keep them working for as long as we are allowed to, because your life in isolation is going to suck with a broken stove. To the very small minority of people who still don’t get it – If you come here questioning why we are “difficult to deal with”, you expose yourself as someone who is not taking this seriously. We have zero tolerance for people who think this is a joke, and you’ll be asked to leave immediately.